Dear Valued Guests,
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston is first and foremost committed to ensuring the wellbeing of all during this time. We are thankful for the trust and continued support of our guests, patrons and colleagues as we continue to elevate our cleanliness standards while introducing new hospitality norms to combat the health and safety challenges presented by the current impact of COVID-19.
Our hotel, restaurants and meeting spaces have had the highest reputation of cleanliness and service since the day we opened our doors. We have continued to advance our efforts in this area during the pandemic and have worked diligently in developing the highest level of cleanliness standards and behavior changes designed to minimize risk and enhance the experience of both our guests and colleagues. Below you will find the key objectives and refined procedures that have been enacted to provide a safe environment to deliver an enjoyable Post Oak experience.
General Health and Safety Protocols
The health and wellness of our colleagues and guests is at the forefront of our priorities. On a daily basis, we are committed in ensuring that we are constantly meeting the highest standards and the latest guidance on hygiene and cleanliness in our industry. Following is a list of safety measures we currently have in place:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, are located in all back of the house areas where our employees work.
- Hand sanitizers for guest usages have been placed in all reception areas, restaurant counters, gym, and spa facilities.
- Employee Health and Procedures
- Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19.
- All food and beverage services are handled with proper hand sanitation protocols or with single use gloves.
- Guests Health
- Guests are not required to wear face coverings or masks in public areas.
- Guest are encouraged to abstain from visiting our hotel if they do not feel well, have a fever or show any of the symptoms related to COVID-19.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness and reducing high-touch items in all areas of the hotel.
Our Hotel and restaurants currently use industry recommended and hospital grade cleaning products and protocols effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and blood borne pathogens. We follow all CDC and EPA guidelines, and remain up to date with industry standards on how to control and prevent the spread of this virus. Our hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from cleaning product to minimizing high-touch items in all areas of the hotel, from the reception desk to our guest rooms:
- Guest Rooms
- We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms during each service, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including all washroom fixtures, in-room control panels, switches, luggage racks, headboards, television remote controls, telephones, and clothes hangers.
- Guest contact is minimized while cleaning hotel rooms and guest room attendants do offer to return at an alternate time for occupied rooms.
- Linens, terry and napkins are cleaned according to the highest level of sanitation protocols and guidelines, and delivered to various areas in single use sealed bags.
- Public Spaces
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces every hour, with a focus on the most common guest areas such as elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, ATM Machine, handrails, seating area and counters.
- We have maximized our fresh-air intake to increase external air flow into the building.
- Food Safety
- Our kitchens meet or exceed guidelines of the FDA Food Code in both the sanitation of our kitchens and our food handling procedures.
- All of our colleagues in food and beverage take part in the ServSafe training and certification program, and are constantly briefed on updated guidelines as they are published.
- Back of House
- In the spaces where colleagues work, our hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, staff offices, and cafeteria.
- Employee uniforms are cleaned and sanitized in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Sanitation stations have been placed in each area where colleagues enter and navigate through the back of the house.
Guest Experience Consideration in our Various Outlets:
How you enjoy the various offerings of our hotel is very important to us, and in addition to the already enhanced and sanitation protocols at our hotel, we’ve implemented specific protocols for each areas as highlighted below:
- Food & Beverage Outlets:
- All outlets follow mandated local and state capacity levels
- Swimming Pool access is restricted to two (2) Adult guests per guest room.
- Spa and Salon:
- All spa and salon patrons are required to answer a health screening questionnaire and to have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Hand Sanitizers are located throughout the spa and treatment rooms.
- Each treatment room is thoroughly sanitized and sterilized after each service.
- We continue to follow strict state official guidelines and will update our services accordingly.
We understand that hospitality plays an important role in our lives, and that the current environment has affected how you determine your travel and dining decisions. To that end, in addition to our already stringent protocols our hotel has also earned the Sharecare VERIFIED™ with Forbes Travel Guide badge by completing – and maintaining – verification on more than 360 global health security standards. The comprehensive assessment covers:
- Health and hygiene protocols
- Cleaning products and procedures
- Masks and PPE
- Management accountability
- Health safety communication with guests and employees
Health security verification gives you the peace of mind that our hotel is committed to expert-validated best practices for your safety and comfort. For more information, please visit: https://www.forbestravelguide.com/health-security-verified
We greatly anticipate your visit to The Post Oak Hotel.
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston