Dear Valued Guests,
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston is first and foremost committed to ensuring the wellbeing of all during this time. We are thankful for the trust and continued support of our guests, patrons and colleagues as we continue to elevate our cleanliness standards while introducing new hospitality norms to combat the health and safety challenges presented by the current impact of COVID-19.
Our hotel, restaurants and meeting spaces have had the highest reputation of cleanliness and service since the day we opened our doors. We have continued to advance our efforts in this area during the pandemic and have worked diligently in developing the highest level of cleanliness standards and behavior changes designed to minimize risk and enhance the experience of both our guests and colleagues. Below you will find the key objectives and refined procedures that have been enacted to provide a safe environment to deliver an enjoyable Post Oak experience.
Please note unless you have an underlying medical condition, please wear your mask while entering, exiting or moving throughout the hotel. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected. Any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit. We appreciate your cooperation during this unprecedented time. For more information, please visit CDC.gov/coronavirus
General Health and Safety Protocols
The health and wellness of our colleagues and guests is at the forefront of our priorities. On a daily basis, we are committed in ensuring that we are constantly meeting the highest standards and the latest guidance on hygiene and cleanliness in our industry. We will continue to train and educate on the behavioral changes required of all of us to fight the spread of the virus by following guidance from our health and city officials as such:
- Social Distancing
- Guests and colleagues are advised to respect social distancing in all areas of the hotel by standing at least six feet apart from each other.
- Prevalent signage reminding guests and colleagues to respect social distancing, as well as health guidelines are posted throughout the property, and at the entrance of each outlet.
- Proper PPE signage on how to properly wear face coverings, masks and gloves is placed as a reminder in all back of the house areas.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, are located in all back of the house areas where our employees work.
- Hand sanitizers for guest usages have been placed in all reception areas, restaurant counters, gym and spa facilities.
- Employee Health and Procedures
- Each employee is given a health screening upon arrival and wear a face mask.
- Employees are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19.
- Active training with all associates in regards to physical distancing protocols, hand washing and overall work area hygiene takes place during each shift
- All food and beverage services are handled with proper hand sanitation protocols or with single use gloves.
- Guests Health
- Guest are encouraged to abstain from visiting our hotel if they do not feel well, have a fever or show any of the symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Guest are encouraged to wear face coverings or a masks in all public space areas.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness and reducing high-touch items in all areas of the hotel.
Our Hotel and restaurants currently use industry recommended and hospital grade cleaning products and protocols effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and blood borne pathogens. We follow all CDC and EPA guidelines, and remain up to date with industry standards on how to control and prevent the spread of this virus. Our hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from cleaning product to minimizing high-touch items in all areas of the hotel, from the reception desk to our guest rooms:
- Guest Rooms
- We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms during each service, with particular attention paid to high-touch items including all washroom fixtures, in-room control panels, switches, luggage racks, headboards, television remote controls, telephones, and clothes hangers.
- After each guest departure, we do a thorough disinfecting program which includes the use of a fogger and have increased the frequency of air filter replacement.
- We have also reduced the number of high touch items in our guests’ rooms, including magazines, collateral, decorative pillows, and have incorporated sanitized packaging for essential items such as to go cups and mugs, and essential bathroom amenities.
- Guest contact is minimized while cleaning hotel rooms and guest room attendants do offer to return at an alternate time for occupied rooms.
- Linens, terry and napkins are cleaned according to the highest level of sanitation protocols and guidelines, and delivered to various areas in single use sealed bags.
- We have engaged with a licensed third-party expert to provide us with specific cleaning protocols and services in the case of a known confirmed case of COVID-19 in any of our guest rooms. Strict procedures have been put in to place which requires removing the room from service until it is deemed safe by the third-party and consistent with the guidance of local health officials.
- Public Spaces
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces every hour, with a focus on the most common guest areas such as elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, ATM Machine, handrails, seating area and counters.
- We have reduced the amount of high-touch area for our guests and colleagues, with designated protocols to reduce the exchange of guest personal items manually such as credit cards and identification cards in our outlets and at the reception desk.
- We have maximized our fresh-air intake to increase external air flow into the building.
- Food Safety
- Our kitchens meet or exceed guidelines of the FDA Food Code in both the sanitation of our kitchens and our food handling procedures.
- Enhanced sanitation of all surfaces and kitchen equipment during each shift is emphasized.
- In response to the current situation, we’ve modified various food presentations to minimize risk in our various outlets, concierge floor and banquets offerings.
- All of our colleagues in food and beverage take part in the ServSafe training and certification program, and are constantly briefed on updated guidelines as they are published.
- Back of House:
- In the spaces where colleagues work, our hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, staff offices, and cafeteria.
- Employee uniforms are cleaned and sanitized in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Sanitation stations have been placed in each area where colleagues enter and navigate through the back of the house.
Guest Experience Consideration in our Various Outlets:
How you enjoy the various offerings of our hotel is very important to us, and in addition to the general physical distancing and sanitation protocols as a hotel, we’ve implemented specific protocols for each areas as highlighted below:
- Food & Beverage Outlets:
- All outlets follow mandated capacity levels and restrict seating according to safe social distancing practices.
- All high-touch items (condiments, salt and pepper shakers, etc.) are given to guests upon request and thoroughly sanitized after each use. Where appropriate, disposable items are provided.
- All servers are trained on appropriate social distancing and PPE protocols.
- All dining room furniture is thoroughly sanitized after each customer.
- All food and beverage outlets offer disposable menus to our diners.
- Swimming Pool access is restricted to two (2) Adult guests per guest room.
- Strict social distancing and capacity guidelines are being enforced.
- Pool deck and cabanas are thoroughly sanitized each night.
- Towels are delivered to guests upon requests only and stored in a sanitized area at all times.
- Spa and Salon:
- All spa and salon patrons are required to answer a health screening questionnaire and to have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Employees and patrons must wear face masks in all areas of the spa and salon.
- Hand Sanitizers are located throughout the spa and treatment rooms.
- Capacity and social distancing measures remain in place in all locker rooms.
- Each treatment room is thoroughly sanitized and sterilized after each service.
- Limited availability of wet areas until further notice.
- We continue to follow strict state official guidelines and will update our services accordingly.
We understand that hospitality plays an important role in our lives, and that the current environment has affected how you determine your travel and dining decisions. To that end, we have also updated our reservation and cancellation policy to provide you with more flexibility and peace of mind when booking your accommodation at our hotel. Please contact us directly for more information.
We greatly anticipate your visit to The Post Oak Hotel.
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston